Photography Workshops Cork

September 19, 2017  •  Leave a Comment

Photography workshops in Late February through to April 2018

I have a number of photography workshops in Cork coming up again in 2018 starting in Late February through to the end of April. These workshops focus on Long Exposure Photography, Seascape Photography and Landscape Photography. Ideal for all levels of Photographers and they make a great Christmas present for the budding photographer in your life. The 5 hour group workshops are €200.- each and the 3 hour workshops are €80.- each. See Below for dates of workshops. Contact me to arrange a voucher Here or send me a Private Message through my Facebook Page.

Long Exposure - Seascape & Landscape Photography Workshops.

3 hour workshop price €80.- (Max 4 people)

Location, Owenahinca beach, West Cork.

I will provide a few sets of filters and a filter holder for you to try on the day, Professional tripods also available but on a first come first served bases.

Dates available.

10th of Februrary 2018  2:30pm - 5:30pm

10th of March 2018 3:00pm - 6:00pm

14th of April 2018 4:00pm - 7:00pm

5 hour workshop price €200.- (Max 3 people)

Location, Owenahinca beach, West Cork.

I will provide filters and a filter holder for your own use on the day, Professional tripods also available but on a first come first served bases.

Dates available.

24th of Februrary 2018  12:30pm - 5:30pm

24th of March 2018 1:00pm - 6:00pm

21st of April 2018 2:00pm - 7:00pm

Click Here for my Photography workshops page

My workshops are always light hearted and focused on what you want to achieve out of your own style of photography. In these workshops There is usually only 3 to 4 clients to make sure I have plenty of time with everyone and to focus on their questions.

I follow up by email with clients afterwards and normally supply a low resolution photograph of the raw image and the finished image, explaining the editing process and how I achieved the results with a minimum amount of editing. Normally I edit a photograph in 3-15 minutes max.

Workshop Timetable

1.- We all take a photograph that's very important as from that image I can tell a lot about your style of photography and also the control you have over your equipment. There is no right or wrong way of doing this its just your way and it wont be shown to the group. Remember photography is an art form and we all see and feel things differently.

2.- I will explain briefly what and how the exposure triangle works, not the maths or complications just how you should use the simpler parts to take a photo in manual mode. Shooting in Auto mode is like physically throwing paint at a canvas, shooting in manual mode is using a paint brush instead, the control and delicacy is all under your own control.

3.- One of the more important parts an explanation on the effect shutter speed and Aperature have on your images. How you can be creative with these two corner stones of photography and bend them to your will in an image.

4.- Why shoot Raw or Jpeg, what is dynamic range? Sounds complicated doesn't it? Well its really quite simple.

4.- We all take a few photographs again this time I go around and help explain what is going right and what is going wrong. How to improve the image if possible and why.

5.- An explanation on how I personally take a photograph and setup my equipment for a photograph. Why I do what I do and the thought process involved.

6.- How filters work and their uses in modern photography. I usually shoot this part tethered to a laptop so we can all see the results on a larger screen.

7.- How to focus, this may seem simple but its amazing how many people get it wrong in Landscape photography. From single point focusing to back button focusing and how depth of field can be your enemy or friend. I also have a few simple tricks that make it so much easier to get your focus perfect every time.

8.- What to buy and what not to buy in photography, I have purchased numerous systems lenses and filter sets as well as tripods over the years, this is the part where you could save a bit of money and also invest in equipment you will actually use.

9.- Now the fun begins and we immerse ourselves in the surrounds and find specific points to photograph, Composition is without doubt the the main part or the backbone of an image. You can take the most technically perfect photograph but if its from the wrong angle or of a boring subject that is where it fails. This is where most people stumble and yes its a very easy thing to forget but yet the most vital element of a photograph. Composition is the Heart of your image never forget that.

10.- The choice of lens and focal length for specific photographs, how it impacts an image and why a different lens or focal length can completely transform an image. Something most people forget and yes a lens can transform how big or small an object is in a photograph but it also does so very much more than that.

11.- Editing an image, at the end of the day I will run you through one of the simpler ways to edit a photograph. I am a huge fan of Adobe Lightroom and that's nearly all I ever use. Normally its time for a cup of coffee somewhere warm and we go through the process then. We can also edit one of you images at the time.

Location

Landscape photography is usually along the coastline, Portraiture Can be anywhere at all from in studio to open air (It's only limited by your imagination), I can also arrange for a professional model for the shoots (extra cost involved).

The Workshops can cover the absolute basics to the more advanced aspects of photography, you decide.

Normally the photography workshops take place in Clonakilty or around nearby West Cork, Sessions are also available in Cork please contact me for pricing and to discuss the location.

"photography lessons", "photography workshops", "photography tuition", Clonakilty, "west cork, Cork, Ireland, "clonakilty photographer", "west cork photographer", Clonakilty photographers", west cork Photographers", "one to one photography workshops cork" one to one photography workshops"Photography LessonsA shot to explain what i do on my photography lessons, workshops or tuition around clonakilty, west cork.

I can also train you to use your equipment more effectively.

A normal session involves going to an area you would like to photograph, once there I will help you to understand the best way to capture the image you want and afterwards show you how to process that very same image either on site, at your home or at my studio.

I can provide a professional tripod and various filters if needed and explain their specific uses.

I am a firm believer in "doing is learning" so its a very practical tuition session with as much plain English as possible. Keeping things simple and learning by doing.

After the session you will have a clearer understanding of the process involved in taking a good photograph consistently.

Making it the ideal present for someone with an interest in photography

Comments

No comments posted.